I can’t believe it’s that time of the year again! A lot has been going on in my life and I’ve been trying to make sense of it all these past few weeks, so I’ve been quiet on social media lately in order to tune out some of the noise. I still plan on being off social media until the new year, but I do want to write a few blog post before the end of the year.
Here are a few things I’ve been working on this past month:
- Packing, donating and throwing away things for my plans to move in February.
- Figuring out my writing goals for 2019
- Figuring out my personal goals for 2019
- Writing down my goals for each week in my new planner
Here are my weekly goals for 2019:
(The first four goals are taken from Scott Myers Go into the Story blog post.)
- Read 1 screenplay
- Watch 2 movies
- Write 7 pages
- 14 hours of prepping a story
- Listen to 3 podcast episodes
- Attend 3 hours of online classes
- Read 1 magazine from my Hollywood Reporter archive stack
- Read 1 book a month
- Write 1 blog post
- Eat 100% Whole Food Plant Based (no processed vegan junk food)
- Workout 4 times a week
- Write and/or record journal entry every day
- Dance it out 2 times a week (Yep, I’m taking a tip from Shonda Rhimes and dancing it out just like she had her Grey’s Anatomy characters do so many times. I danced it out a few times this past month and it felt amazing.)
So, these are my core goals for the new year. I’m really excited to see how my new goals are going to shape my progress as a writer and how my mental, physical and emotional health will develop over time. Plus, I can’t wait to share my journey with you all!